Monday, December 29, 2008

One button at a time

Does it have to be done? Does it have to be done now? Can I delegate it? Does it have to be perfect? Is there a simpler way to do it? —La Leche League I clear the way for a simpler life. I leave spaces in my day and remove the word “hurry” from my vocabulary. I prune every unnecessary obligation. “Less is more” is my call to inaction. I stop rushing and notice how impatience in my tone of voice and gestures falls away. I no longer feel compelled to hurry my pace, robbing myself of the leisure to touch the world around me. To slow down, I remember this chant: One button at a time. One spoonful at a time. One step at a time. One moment at a time. One place at a time. One decision at a time. One way at a time. One day at a time.

2 comments:

Joie said...

We live this way and we love it! My family is very content and calm, yes at times we can be rambunctious(spelling?)when we are having fun with eachother and just letting loose (which is more often than not). We do not have to hurry to anything, and we are enjoying a prefectly stress free life. The question I get all the time is, "how can and how do you do that?" I think it is funny personally, the answer is so easy. It is because we choose to.
Good for you, you will find this way to be very freeing and a blessing. You will find you have more time for the important stuff in your life. I am following you on networked blogs too.

Andrea Alban Gosline said...

Hi Joie:
I just found your comment on my CALM AND CONFIDENT MOMS blog.THank you for the support of this wonderful, simple way to live one button at a time. Your family is lucky to have such a balanced and "Joie-ful" guide.
Hugs,
Andrea
Author of the bestselling picture book, THE HAPPINESS TREE and award-winning CELEBRATING MOTHERHOOD

Followers